Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Iraq the Vote

To be sung to the tune "Rock The Boat" (by Inner Circle, Hues Corporation)

So I’d like to know why, you went and voted
Said I’d like to know what, this denoted

Iraq the Vote, Zarqawi was hopin’
Iraq the Vote, that you’d be afraid
Iraq the Vote, and polls wouldn’t open
Iraq the Vote…

Ever since the statue of Saddam fell
The killers have made life in Iraq a hell
Terrorizing all who want democracy
And condemning all those who just want to be free

Killing hostages in the name of religious text
And you knew, if you dared disagree, you could be next

So I’d like to know why, you weren’t discouraged
Said I’d like to know where, you got the courage

Iraq the Vote, vote at all cost
Iraq the Vote, the people won
Iraq the Vote, and terrorism lost
Iraq the Vote…

The road ahead is rocky and unsure
And it’s easy for you to lose your way
But if you let your democracy mature
You’ll find that your country will be strong, come what may

So though the violence of your enemies still does linger
You’ve spoken loud and clear and given them the finger

So I’d like to say that, I believe in you
And I’d like to say that, I admire you

Iraq the Vote, Keep the Faith baby
Iraq the Vote, and never give up
Iraq the Vote, Keep the Faith baby
Iraq the Vote...


A bit corny perhaps, but I'm not ashamed to say it. I got the idea for adapting the song from the title of a recent Ann Coulter column.

I've said this before; one can disagree as to whether or not we should be in Iraq. But I think we all MUST agree that, now that we're there, we have to do everything we can to help this turn out for the best. A lot rides on it.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com