Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Prince Charles and Jay Leno

Many people are having great fun picking on Prince Charles and his new fiance. A case in point is Jay Leno. I'm not normally into ranting, but I don't think I'm going to be watching the Tonight Show anytime in the near future. His monologue last night was, IMHO, over the top in poking fun at the Prince and his bride-to-be. His humor was crude and his jokes were hurtful. It's not necessary to be mean to be funny; Steve Allen, Red Skelton, Sid Caesar, Johnny Carson, etc. all made people laugh without continually figurately punching someone in the gut. But that takes better joke writers than Mr. Leno has, I guess.

As for Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles, I say go for it and screw what anyone else thinks. You obviously know each other well. One could wish that your romance was a bit more fairy-tale and a bit less scandalous. But life isn't normally like that and I sense that you two really are soul-mates. And when you find your soul-mate, absolutely nothing else will do. I know. I sincerely hope you two have a long and happy life with each other.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com