Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A salute to a hopeful sign...

As someone who lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for eight years, I certainly am Under No Illusions as to how things work in the Middle East. And I am enormously upset at the Bush Administration for getting something so momentous, such as WMD in Iraq, so fundamentally wrong.

Nevertheless, we are now in the middle of it and only someone who is anti-American and anti-freedom could hope that we fail in the effort to help Iraq become a stable, prosperous and free country. While I'm skeptical as to whether or not the Bush plan will work, I truly hope it will. The elections this past Sunday are the first hopeful sign I've seen and Adam Keiper has put together a truly inspiring Slide Show about them. I was very moved by it and emailed Mr. Keiper my thanks for his efforts. He graciously responded. Watch this slide show if you're willing to feel hopeful...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com