Monday, June 13, 2005

Michael Jackson – Not Guilty

I’ll admit it – I’ve always been a big fan of Michael Jackon’s music. But his legal problems, especially alleged child abuse, made me very queasy.

I’m not one who followed this trial every day, but I was driving to a store and happened to have the radio on when they said they were going to announce the verdict. I waited in my car in the parking lot for several extra minutes until they finally read it. My personal prediction was that he would be found not guilty of the major charges but perhaps would be found guilty of some lesser ones.

I don’t personally know if he’s guilty of child abuse or not and I didn’t review the evidence in this case. All I can hope for is that the jury got it right. Our legal system and the scientific method are the only two formal systems we have for deciding the truth of important (and sometimes not so important) matters so one has to hope that they did it right here.

Michael, here’s some free advice. Don’t sleep with any children in your bed unless they’re your own kids. It just doesn’t look good…

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com