Tuesday, September 27, 2005

FEMA responds to my FOI request

In an earlier post, I noted that I had filed a Freedom Of Information (FOI) request to FEMA, requesting “copies of the Emergency Preparedness Plan or other pertinent documents stating what relief efforts would be provided by the Federal Government and how they would be provided in the case that the levees protecting the city of New Orleans were breached”.

I’ve now received a reply from Mr. Jeff Ovall of FEMA saying that they would not be able to respond to me in the required time (20 days) because of the “unusual circumstances” they find themselves in; i.e., they’re too busy right now. They’ve told me that it will take up to 90 days to respond.

We shall see – I will continue to post updates as they occur.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com