Thursday, January 26, 2006

Prostate surgery - Pre-surgery scheduling

Today I received a call from the hospital where my surgery will be performed. Most of the questions were perfunctory; “What insurance do you have?”, “Did you receive your preoperative instructions?”, etc. But three other questions were also asked;

• Who should we contact in case of emergency?

• Do you want to specify a religion in case you want (?) a visit from a clergyman?

• Do you have a Power of Attorney and Living Will? If so, you can bring a copy of them to the hospital if you want.

None of these are particularly cheery, but you can certainly understand why the hospital is dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s…

I must admit, this thing is starting to play with my head a little bit. Two nights ago I couldn’t get to sleep, going over all my options again, and wondering, again, if I’m taking the right course.

I’ll sure be glad when this is over…

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com