Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Happy First Blog Birthday!!


Today UnderNoIllusions is 1 year old. Hurray !! Happy Birthday!!

My first posting was on February 1st, 2005 and this is my 155th. I don’t think I regret any of them, but I am uncomfortable with my comments on the Iraq war. In my mind, I’ve gone back and forth on this issue so many times that now I don’t know, I just don’t know. For every argument I’ve heard in favor of the war, I can give a counter to it. And, for every argument I’ve heard against it, I can counter those too. I fear the worst here, but don’t have any hard data to back it up. All of the rah-rah types keep saying that the MSM just gives us the bad news, and, if we only heard the other side, then we’d be much more willing to “stay the course” and stick it out. But why isn’t this “good news” getting out? Fox news, certainly as supportive of the President as can be, doesn’t give us this "good news." Why don’t they do a half-hour show each day showing us the “progress?” I fear they don’t do it because there isn’t that much. It really seems to be one step forward, two steps back. We’ll just have to wait and see, I guess. I just hope to God that Bush is right…

Anyway, one year complete. Hope you’ve enjoyed the posts…

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com